Although the number of startup technology today is not small but to reach the value of $ 1 billion is not simple. Private equity research firm Pitchbook has analyzed a series of data to find the next nine startups that are expected to reach $ 1 billion in the future. Maybe not familiar names, but they are quite likely to become the next billion “startup”.
1. Weebly – Server service with over 25 million users
– Current value: $ 490 million
– Latest investment: $ 35 million (April 2014)
– Major investors: Sequoia Capital, Tencent Holdings
– Year of foundation: 2007
2. Remind – The application helps teachers keep in touch with students and parents
Remind co-founder David and Brett Kopf.
– Current value: $ 460.8 million
– Latest investment: $ 40 million (September 2014)
– Main investor: First Round Capital, Kleiner Perkins
– Year of foundation: 2009